The Right Way to Use New Bing
Learn how to use the new Bing AI with ChatGPT in just a few easy steps.
This New Bing combines Microsoft's search engine with a custom version of OpenAI's ChatGPT bot, providing more human-like conversational answers instead of just links. Unlike traditional searches, this chatbot can answer complex questions and perform various tasks while understanding context.
However, it's important to note that you should not blindly rely on its answers due to potential inaccuracies or mistakes. To get started using Bing AI on Windows 11, 10, macOS, or Linux (or mobile through Microsoft Edge and Bing apps for Android/iOS), follow these simple instructions:
1. Open the Bing page on your browser and locate the new search box.
2. Type a real question as you would ask another person instead of entering regular keywords like "windows 11."
3. As you start the search, you will receive typical results with links listed by ranking, but on the right side, you will find the Bing AI interface with a more human-like answer and citations of information sources.
4. Click "See more" to show the complete response or click "Let's chat" or "Chat" at the bottom of the search box to access the chatbot.
5. The ChatGPT version of Bing is content-aware and remembers your previous searches so that you can ask follow-up questions without starting over.
6. You can ask questions up to 2000 characters long in this experience and start a new conversation by clicking "New topic."
7. Depending on your question, Bing AI will answer accordingly usually in bullet points or numbered steps with citations appearing next to specific keywords for source data.
8. Hovering over text shows sources for specific portions of responses while clicking reference links directs users to websites as usual.